Former Methodist Church, Court Street, Madeley
4,511 sq ft
The property comprises a former Methodist Church that was originally built in 1840 as two separate buildings, the Church being the principle two-storey building to the front of the site with a secondary single storey building to the rear, which was previously utilised as a School/Church Hall. The two structures are now interlinked by a more modern single storey extension, which was added during the 1960's/1970's, creating a substantial, detached single facility.
The property is of solid brick construction, predominantly surmounted by a pitched tiled roof incorporating metal framed, single glazed windows, with a flat felt roof to the central section, which effectively joins together the original buildings.
Internally, the original two-storey structure to the front houses the congregation area including gallery seating, together with vestry and store beyond. The central extension incorporates offices, kitchen and WC facilities, and the original single storey section to the rear provides storage areas and a canteen. The building is presently under utilised by the owner, with only the rear section being occupied as a food bank.
Outside, there is a small tarmacadam area to the front of the building, which could be utilised for private car parking. There is also a public car park to the side of the property.